Lantinga Vita is a Certified B Corporation®, part of a global movement of people using business as a force for good™. Certified B Corps lead by example to create a shared and durable prosperity for all of society by meeting the highest standards of overall social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability. There are over 2,500 Certified B Corps in over 120 industries and 50 countries around the world all with one unifying goal – to redefine success in business.
Redefining the standard has been part of Lantinga Vita’s core from day one. The idea that started it all was to develop a multifunctional carrying solution to fulfill the needs of an active lifestyle.
As we set out on the journey to bring together fashionable functionality and a vision for a sustainable future, we witnessed just how destructive the fashion industry can be. In today’s world of traditional business, a predominant focus on short-term profits results in negative consequences for our planet and its people. This led us to realize that we wanted to do more than redefine how we carry; we wanted to go further and change the status quo by redefining what it means to succeed in business.
As a Certified B Corporation®, Lantinga Vita is legally required to consider the environmental and social impacts of its business activities even ahead of profit. Because our environmental footprint and creating a bright future for those who craft and use our products matters to us, these obligations are integrated in our Articles of Incorporation. This ensures that our driving value to use business as a force for good will never be undercut.
Here’s a look at some of the ways in which we aspire to B the Change™ we seek in the world:
- We ensure our suppliers minimize their water consumption and use of harmful chemicals, use renewable energy whenever possible, and pay their workers a living wage.
- We donate 2% of our products to raise funds for charitable organizations.
- We volunteer with organizations that foster creativity and innovation in business as well as with organizations that support access to sports and leisure for children with disabilities.
- We promote diversity in all aspects of our business from selecting our suppliers and banking services to our hiring policies.
- We work with local businesses at every opportunity be it when building new partnerships or using services such as photography, graphic design, or printing.
- We minimize our environmental footprints as individuals by using public transportation and biking whenever possible.
B Corp™ requirements have proven valuable to us in terms of providing a framework for accountable decision-making at the executive level, allowing us to arrive at market-based and profitable solutions to the social and environmental problems we seek to solve.
Thanks to this framework and support from the Certified B Corps community, we can confidently lead by example in partnership with the change makers and innovators of the world. Together, WE are leaders of a global movement of people using business as a force for good™, competing to be the Best for the World®.
“In a marketplace where everyone wants to be green, Certified B Corporations stand out from the crowd.” - The Atlantic