A few summers ago, I moved to Montreal and started training for my first Olympic distance triathlon. My brother decided to join me on this journey and started training for his first duathlon. With heavy training, crazy work schedules, and a student budget, we needed the perfect post workout snack we could make at home and bring anywhere. After some recipe searching, taste testing, and fine-tuning, we came up with this great protein bar recipe. These nutritious bars are full of natural sweetness and performance enhancing protein to help you recover and get on with your day!
Makes 8 bars
½ cup peanut butter
¼ cup honey
¼ cup almond milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup chocolate protein powder
¼ cup almonds
½ cup dried cranberries
- Line a 9” square pan with parchment paper.
- Combine wet ingredients in a bowl and microwave for 45 seconds.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well until the batter is uniform.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the pan. Flatten the mixture using a spatula.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Cut into 8 even pieces and enjoy!
Nutritional information per serving
Carbs: 34 g
Fat: 10 g
Fiber: 4 g
Protein: 17 g
Sodium: 94 mg
Sugar: 17 g