Looking for your next challenge? So are we. Whether you are looking to run a marathon, hit up some trails, or simply get active in a new environment, this list will help you get there. We turned to our friends to tell us about their best experiences, and we think this made a pretty sweet list for your next Canadian challenge.
Road races have become increasingly popular in the last decade and are literally all over the map.
- The Run Ottawa weekend is Canada’s largest road race event with distances and challenges for everyone. From the 5km to the 42.4km marathon event, the 50K plus runners, and thousands of cheering spectators, the vibe is simply amazing. This one is a must for every runner of every caliber.
- The Toronto Waterfront Marathon, known to be a fast and flat course maybe what you need to hit your new personal best!
Exploring Canadian trails is a must for every runner looking to change up their routine.
- XC de la Vallée near Quebec city will challenge your will to get down and dirty with its’ challenging and steep terrain. You will need quick feet and tough quads for this one. You can also try the night run!
- The Ultra Trail du Mont Albert – Canadian Skyrunning Festival in beautiful Gaspésie is probably the most scenic and intense trail races in Canada. The terrain goes from soft soil to rocky climbs, to snow patches at its’ peaks. Reach new summits and challenge your fitness in this breathtaking trail race.
Test your full body fitness in these obstacle courses and have fun with your family and friends!
- The XMANRACE is a 7km trail with over 40 obstacles. Team spirit is what its’ all about!
- Course Extreme Saint-Calixte is a military inspired course that will test your strength, agility, coordination and speed over 2 distinct 5km courses.
All about balance
Sometimes we want to relax and have fun while staying active. Here’s a few activities that will keep you moving and the fun times going.
- Check out the Wanderlust Festival in Mont-Tremblant, Whistler or choose from their events across the globe. Find your true North with yoga practice and live music for a transformational experience.
- The Half Corked Marathon Weekend is a perfect blend of fine wine, tasty cuisine, and of course some running along the way. Satisfy your body, mind and taste buds in beautiful British-Colombia!
- The Fredericton Beer Run is all about the beer. Running and beer sampling simply sounds like a recipe for a good time.
Try a triathlon
Triathlons may seem ambitious, but there’s really distances for every athlete of every caliber willing to try a tri! You have a bike, a swimsuit and running shoes? You can do it.
- The Esprit Triathlon in Montreal is a perfect event for a first triathlon or someone looking to hit a personal best. Swim in the Olympic rowing basin, bike on the world famous Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve and run a flat course on the Voie Maritime, where thousands of spectators can cheer you on to the finish line!
- The Subaru triathlon series has events across Ontario all summer long.
- For the ambitious beast out there, try the Whistler Ironman. It is a scenic, yet grueling event that will test all your limits.
These events were tested by the Lantinga Vita team and their friends and family. We promise good times only! Now get out there.